[The contest is now closed]
Here is the first contest for “May I Hebb Your Attention Pliss”.
1. On your blog, provide a link to this page. (https://greatbong.net/book). Embedding the above picture in your blog would be nice but not needed.
2. Then write down your top 10 Hindi movie lines or top 10 English movie lines (You can do both if you want. Only one set is required for the contest). If you cannot think of top 10, make it top 5. Cannot think of even 5? Make it top 3. No problem. Only restriction: no two lines from same movie. This done to make it fair for other movies so that they dont get swamped by Gunda or Loha or Sholay.
3. Tag five friends to do the same.
4. Come over to the comment-space of this post and post your blog’s link so I can go and read it.
Remember: Before starting the tag, paste points 1 and 4 on your blog so that the rules are available to anyone who wishes to pick the tag up from your blog.
What if you dont have a blog? Put your “Top list” in the comments section of this post and tweet the link to your friends (No need to tag specific people). Please use #MIHYAP so that I can pick it up. No twitter? Link to your comment from Facebook/Orkut status message and add me as a friend @Facebook or at @Orkut so I can see the message. [Prefer Facebook if you have accounts in both places]
Prizes: Two prizes will be given. One prize will be the post I like the most. The other prize will be a random drawing among everyone who picks up the tag. Note a blog entry will be considered valid only if a link to https://greatbong.net/book is provided AND 5 people are tagged [They do not need to pick the tag up for your entry to count though], a “comments-in-RTDM” entry will be considered valid only if the link is tweeted with #MIHYAP tag or posted as status message on FB that I can see.
And what’s the prize? No it is not an iPod, iPad or [insert fictitious prize item here]. Prizes will consist of a copy of my book “May I Hebb Your Attention Pliss” which will be sent to the winner once it is published.
Note: Very important. The prizes will be delivered by Harper Collins ONLY to addresses within India. If you are outside India, you would need to provide them with an Indian address.
And yes this is a shameless promotion stunt. I have a book to sell. So bear with me please.
My favorite Hindi movie quotes. For the tag you do not need to put the explanations i.e. in what is in the s—just the lines.
1. Mera naam hain Bulla. Rakhta hoon main Khulla (Gunda) [Simply the greatest line. Ever.]
2. Main dhobi ghaat pe tuteli khaat pe leta leta ke maroonga. Tuje aisi ulti palti kareka marega ki tu khoob ki ulti karke marega (Loha) [Poetry and violence have seldom met so beautifully]
3. Main aap ka dard baatne aaya tha Mr. Shankar. Aapko mohabbat dikhanein. (Mohabbatein) [Multiple meanings]
4. Pushpa, aye Pushpa I hate tears.(Amar Prem) [I say this to myself whenever I am depressed]
5. I want to hit somebody, I want to eat somebody (Waqt Ki Awaaz) [Strictly speaking, a song line. But then again its a Mithun-da flick. ]
6. Yehi ma kaheti thi–Beta, ro naheen. Dudh peeke so ja. Le duddu le duddu. Ro rahe bete. Dudh peeke baccha jab shant ho jata tha to ma usse jhulati. Baccha phir rota to phir se dudh deti thi. Hai na Ma? Aur woh baccha phir se, phir se aaj bhi ro raha hai. Lekin aaj is chaati mein dudh naheen rahe gya. Khoon sirf khoon bacha hai… (Agni) [Link] [No comment]
7. Aaj humme bahoot bade dakoo ko pakdna hota. Takle ko. Roti khata. Is liye boo ata aur badhajmi hota. Ab hum abhi jaata jhaadi ke peeche. Tum peeche mudke naheen dekhta. Varna shame shame ho jata. (Teen Ikke)[Follows beautifully into the famous Lota dance]
8. Kelerk poonjipatiyon ki tarah beimaan naheen hote. (Clerk) [The West Bengal government made us memorize this line in Class 8]
9. Main chota sa, pyara se, nanha sa baccha hoon (Chalbaaz) [The joys of childhood]
10. Kahaan chupayenge humare ma behenon ko?” (Teesri Aankh–the Third Eye) [The eternal problem]
1. Oh, in the name of God! Now I know what it feels like to be God! (Dr. Frankenstein (1931))
2. Emily: Really Charles, people will think-…
Charles Foster Kane: – -what I tell them to think.(Citizen Kane (1941))
3.You know you’re not too funny today, fat man(On the Waterfront (1951))
4. What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.((Clockwork Orange (1971))
5. I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart! (Godfather 2 (1974))
6. I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That’s my dream; that’s my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor… and surviving ((Apocalypse Now (1979)).
7.I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time… like tears in rain… Time to die.(Blade Runner (1982))
8.What you lookin’ at? You all a bunch of fuckin’ assholes. You know why? You don’t have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin’ fingers and say, “That’s the bad guy.” So… what that make you? Good? You’re not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don’t have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. (Scarface (1983))
9.The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist. (Usual Suspects (1995))
10.I’ma get medieval on your ass (Pulp Fiction (1995))
Ok one more.
11. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you’re that pissed that so many others had it good.(As Good As It Gets (1999))